Program 8 Beta Webpage
December 11, 2006
How to use
- Type or paste some text into the top window box.
- Select Rocker Typing if simulation of efficient typing on the AG-5 is desired.
- If animating, you can only change the speed before animation starts.
- Click the Animate button to show a demonstration of the fingers at work.
- Or click the Calculate button to just show the results.
What the numbers mean
- Numbers in little colored boxes
- distance - individual distances traveled laterally by the finger
- distance % - percentage of the total distance made by the finger
- strokes - number of key hits made by finger
- strokes % - percentage of the total strokes made by the the finger
- Numbers in the big white boxes
- distance - total distance covered by all the fingers
- strokes - total number of strokes made by all the fingers
- repetetive strokes - strokes that are consecutive with the same hand or finger
- Once calculation or animation is started, only way to quickly stop it is refreshing the webpage.
- Distances are limited to 9999 feet. Any more and number gets truncated.
Possible upcoming features
- AG-5 vs AG-5, AG-5 vs flat, or flat vs flat, and select if they have Dvorak or qwerty inspired layout
- That's probably it, because classes are soon over. I might not get anything more done.