Our tour of networking continue with TCP and building a web server using HTTP over TCP.
- Network 14: TCP 4:02An introduction to TCP, listen, accept, and connect.
- Putting the pieces together for a server and client TCP connections.
- Example TCP server and client implementations.
- Improved TCP server and client protocols, so that a server reliably receives the intended data from a client.
- Another TCP server example—
line-by-line echo— and using telnet as a client.
- An introduction to HTTP and information in a URL.
- A breif note on encoding special characters in a URL.
- The client side of the HTTP protocol in GET mode, and using the echo server to show a web browser’s request.
- The server side of the HTTP protocol, and using telnet to view a web server’s response.
- About POST mode for clients and a summary of relevant header fields.
- Description and demonstration of the TINY web server.
- The TINY web server’s implementation.