CS 3010/3011 - Industry Forum
Each week we will have one or more guest speakers who will give a talk
and hold a question-and-answer session on a topic of interest to them.
Topics will run the gamut from how to write a resume and interview, to
what skills or fields are likely to be "hot", to how to decide if
graduate school is right for you.
Students taking the course for credit are expected to write a
one-to-two page evaluation of each week's talk(s). Among the points
that should be included in your evaluation are:
- Your name
- Name of the speaker
- Title of the talk
- A brief summary of the talk
- Did you find the talk to be interesting/important? Why or why not?
- What were the most important points made by the speaker?
- What did you learn?
- If applicable, how did the talk relate to the other talks you
have seen in this class? If so, how?
- Are there any related topics that you would have liked to have
- Now that you have had some time to digest the talk, what
questions do you wish you had asked the speaker?
- Any other points you think are pertinent.