Thread Closed 
Week 13: What happened to Flight 370
11-24-2014, 02:33 PM
RE: Week 13: What happened to Flight 370
This visualization in the form of slides presenting the entire story of the aftermath of missing flight 370 in chronological order gives the entire information and probable guesses as if what might have happened with the flight.However, this is not a good way of designing a visualization as this corresponds to reading a book.

Rather, the entire infomation could have been presented in a single visualization with different interactive features to observe things in more detail.In this way,this visualization would have been appealing to those who just want to skim over the surface and the other who want to go in more details.
Find all posts by this user
12-01-2014, 01:57 AM
RE: Week 13: What happened to Flight 370
I think this was one of the first slide visualizations I have seen and I liked the main idea about it. I mostly agree with critics and story telling of the visualization is good. Still I think they needed a better way to inform user about how to slide or maybe even start animation after some time out. I think airplane flight path animation is good and not a bad thing. But arguably I can think of maybe timeline or some better approaches instead of slides.
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed