Marching Squares
11-15-2014, 05:57 PM (This post was last modified: 11-15-2014 08:28 PM by ThatGuyCraig.)
Marching Squares
What's a good way to deal with inner contours when using marching squares?
Right now for my first point, I scan through the nrrd data until I hit a value that falls below the cutoff point. Once I hit this value I call my marching squares function at that point. Afterwords, I scan again until I hit a value above cutoff value. Once this value is hit, marching squares is called on this edge and I continue scanning until I hit another value below then cutoff value, repeating the process over and over again until I reach the end of the data. This seems to yield pretty good results, but is extremely slow and inefficient.

Results can be seen here. (Isovalue is 50% of maximum.)
http://sta.sh/0d1k4sj0zb
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-18-2014, 09:56 AM (This post was last modified: 11-18-2014 10:13 AM by accidental_PhD.)
RE: Marching Squares
Don't worry too much about speed; it's fine if it's slow. There are ways to optimize it, but that's really beyond the scope of the assignment.... though you should do your isocontouring on the original image, not the large interpolated one.
11-18-2014, 05:28 PM
can i use the other library to do it ?
thanks

(11-18-2014 09:56 AM)accidental_PhD Wrote:  Don't worry too much about speed; it's fine if it's slow. There are ways to optimize it, but that's really beyond the scope of the assignment.... though you should do your isocontouring on the original image, not the large interpolated one.
11-19-2014, 05:31 PM
(11-18-2014 05:28 PM)shaoyuspace Wrote:  can i use the other library to do it ?

No, you should implement marching squares yourself.