Thread Closed 
Week 12: Visualization Of Nobel Prizes By Country Since 1901
11-14-2014, 10:01 PM
RE: Week 12: Visualization Of Nobel Prizes By Country Since 1901
As u0780582 & others have stated, the Visualization Of Nobel Prizes By Country Since 1901 is indeed interesting. As far as the graph being a kind of parallel coordinate, I do not think that to be the case. Interactivity would be a welcomed addition to the visualization. The path's hue's alpha could increase on hover, or clicking on any item on the visualization could change the hue of selected paths etc as far as interactive suggestions. The filter suggestion as far as interactivity is also excellent. That being said, I do not think that there is a lack of data presented. There could also be an interactive breakdown of countries versus what fields & actual prize quantities were received compared to other countries by way of clicking on each country or field to compare. Also, adding a hover drill-down of what prizes were actually won in what fields per country would also allow the end user to receive much more detailed information without sacrificing the overall appeal of the current visualization's structure. And as far the final statement about "other countries", I also think that it is justifiable that the they are all lumped together due to Business Insider being a New York based company. If the other suggested interactive features were implemented, this would be even less of an issue.
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Week 12: Visualization Of Nobel Prizes By Country Since 1901 - u0909249 - 11-14-2014 10:01 PM