Thread Closed 
Week 12: Visualization Of Nobel Prizes By Country Since 1901
11-14-2014, 04:25 PM
RE: Week 12: Visualization Of Nobel Prizes By Country Since 1901
This is an interesting visualization. I agree with the author for the most part. It is very clear to tell that which county obtain more Nobel prizes, especially on which fields. The color used in the graph is comfortable to me, clean and no misleading. The designer also shows the number of Nobel prizes obtained under the country name and total prize offered is labeled out side the circle. I would like to add interactivity to provide more information on this visualization. For example, in country category "others" I think it could be divided again and present more details when people click it. Additionally, instead of showing a total number of Nobel prizes obtained, we could show specific number of Nobel prizes on each subject for a country. Moreover, I also want to add a legend to explain for a subject if offers Nobel prize starting from which year. Overall, I think this visualization only provide limited information.
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Week 12: Visualization Of Nobel Prizes By Country Since 1901 - hehe - 11-14-2014 04:25 PM