The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Closed 
Week 12: Visualization Of Nobel Prizes By Country Since 1901
11-13-2014, 11:08 PM (This post was last modified: 11-13-2014 11:16 PM by u0780582.)
Week 12: Visualization Of Nobel Prizes By Country Since 1901
Here's A Beautiful Visualization Of Nobel Prizes By Country Since 1901.

[Image: screenshot%202014-10-08%2006.33.01.png]

You could find the resource from

http://www.sfgate.com/technology/busines...878587.php

Description:

this chart detailing the total number of Nobel prize laureates awarded from 1901 to 2013, the US has more than twice as many Nobel laureates as the next country (UK). USA almost get one third of total. In this visualization, you could see the number of laureates by countries, by fields. And also, you could find the relation between countries and fields.

Critique:

For this visualization:

1. Generally, I think this is a good visualization. It is pretty clear, I could see the number of Nobel prize laureate by countries and fields.

2. Relatively, this visualization is a kind of parallel coordinates in my opinion. Country - field - number of laureate .

3. The downside for this image is loss of interactivity. And also, if there could be some fish eye operation, that would be much better.

4. One more thing is that, this vis has relative less information. If author could add more inforamtion, such as years, it would make the vis more informative. If this vis could have a filter to deal the year information, i think it would become more interesting.

5. Since the number of laureates from "other counties" is very huge compared to the total amount(30 percent), it would be better if author uses another way to deal with it.
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
Week 12: Visualization Of Nobel Prizes By Country Since 1901 - u0780582 - 11-13-2014 11:08 PM