Time Series Assignment Clarification - Q4
09-30-2014, 02:44 PM
Time Series Assignment Clarification - Q4
In the time series assignment, on question 4, it is asking us to implement a tabbed interface, as well as the interpolator for adding a smooth transition between datasets.

The question asked for our digital notebooks in Q4 is:

Is this tool an effective way to look at time series data? Why or why not? What is missing? How would you change the tool to support looking at time series with many time points (like > 1000)?

I just wanted to make sure I understand what "this tool" refers to, in this context. This question is asked right after talking about adding the interpolator, so it kind of seems that it is referring to the interpolator as the tool. However, could "this tool" refer to the tabbed interface?

I think it makes most sense that "this tool" refers to the whole visualization package - the multiple time series views, the tabbed interface, the use of interpolators, etc., all considered as a whole.

Can you clarify this for me?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-30-2014, 10:25 PM
RE: Time Series Assignment Clarification - Q4
You are correct - the question refers to the entire visualization up to that point (we're essentially inviting you to comment on the design decisions that we / Ben Fry have made for you).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply