Thread Closed 
Week4: At Top Colleges, an Admissions Gap for Minorities
09-23-2014, 10:11 AM
RE: Week4: At Top Colleges, an Admissions Gap for Minorities
I think the dotted line shows the mean for the percent of college freshman that belong to that group. It really should have been labeled.
Find all posts by this user
09-23-2014, 12:10 PM
RE: Week4: At Top Colleges, an Admissions Gap for Minorities
I think most people will like this visualization’s transform animation, it really make user feel happy when they try to switch different page of this visualization. I also like the note on the right up of the visualization, it tell me crucial information to help me understand this visualization better.

Someone says that the color of the circle is repetitive in this visualization, but I have different thought on this opinion. I believe that one of the most important information that this visualization try to show is the graduate rate of each school. The author use two different ways to emphasis the rate information which make me feel that it will be very easy to search the different data region I want. also the color can give the user a better user experience

I play around with this visualization for while and I try to find university of Utah, but I fail. so may be add some search bar for this visualization may be a good suggestion.
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed