Transfer Function: Fuel Dataset
12-15-2014, 02:04 PM (This post was last modified: 12-15-2014 02:22 PM by ThatGuyCraig.)
Transfer Function: Fuel Dataset
Is anyone else getting a java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException error when loading the fuel data set? (Only occurs occasionally) I wrote a simple while loop to make sure all of the data for the object was loaded prior to updating my custom transfer function widget, but the problem still persists. Any ideas?

Note: I can't figure out what is going on, as the whole stack trace doesn't fit into the console window, and the closest thing I can get to the proper origin of the error is that the error might be being caused by the setData function.

I don't want to lose points for this, as the error existed prior to any modifications done by me, and causes my custom control to not load the fuel data set on occasion.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-15-2014, 03:07 PM
RE: Transfer Function: Fuel Dataset
I can't seem to reproduce this error; if you're getting it from the raw code that we give out, maybe it's specific to your machine? Maybe try running in the Engman lab?

If anyone else can reproduce this, please let me know.

If it's only affecting that dataset, you're probably safe to ignore it - I'll keep this in mind when grading, and won't penalize for it if I encounter it.
12-15-2014, 05:41 PM
RE: Transfer Function: Fuel Dataset
(12-15-2014 03:07 PM)accidental_PhD Wrote:  I can't seem to reproduce this error; if you're getting it from the raw code that we give out, maybe it's specific to your machine? Maybe try running in the Engman lab?

If anyone else can reproduce this, please let me know.

If it's only affecting that dataset, you're probably safe to ignore it - I'll keep this in mind when grading, and won't penalize for it if I encounter it.
Just to make a 1000% sure that the error was in the original code, I re-unzipped the original code and ran it fresh, and indeed was able to recreate the error. So we are good there for re-verification on my end.

For right now to solve the problem, I have simply wrapped the loadData statement in a try catch block, so at worst it will only prevent one set of data from loading properly. Thanks though.