Thread Closed 
Week 13: LGBT Rights across the world
11-29-2014, 07:08 PM
RE: Week 13: LGBT Rights across the world
Like Sah403 said this visualization has a very good use of color scheme. It was very easy for me to quickly identify multiple dimensions of information for many countries. It was interesting how it used wider area for more common gay rights and narrowed the area down for the stronger rights. I liked how it inserted a world map in the middle of the semi-circle. It saves space as well as making it easier to see where each county actually resides in the world map. I also disliked having to select a county and scroll down to see the info. Having a pop-up box for click action would have made easier for users to browse the information.
Find all posts by this user
11-30-2014, 12:02 AM
(11-25-2014 03:57 PM)sah403 Wrote:  The countries within a continent are sorted based on their geographic position

For Europe they have Portugal and Spain next to each other, but then they have Italy, Greece, and several Eastern-European countries before they come back to France. If they sorted based on geographic position, then I failed to see the pattern. It does not seem to be based on East-West position, North-South position, or stepping between adjacent countries.
12-01-2014, 12:05 AM
This is quite interesting to see, it requires a little bit of work to use the interactivity for some part but in the end it's worth it. I was a little put off by the color legend, not very distinctive. It takes a while to get to the right color. Other than that, it's quite useful. But if one want's to go the other way- from country to legal rights, it's not possible. The different strata's of legality were a little confusing, because there no way to telling that one right is better than the other (it's purely intuitive)
Thread Closed