Thread Closed 
Week 12: Where the Heat and the Thunder Hit Their Shots
11-17-2014, 08:08 AM
RE: Week 12: Where the Heat and the Thunder Hit Their Shots
(11-16-2014 11:34 PM)wgormley Wrote:  I am always surprised on how much data sports can produce. But I have a few complaints with this representation. First, the color selection seems a little off. When it comes to sports I think of green being good or successful and red representing a miss or failure. This contradicts how this data is being displayed, choosing maybe red to represent hot. Second, using the size of a hexagon to represent a quantity seems like a poor choice. Considering how many points there are, it is almost impossible to determine how many shots really were taken at a certain point of the court. Last, a visualization is supposed to answer questions and I feel this viz does the opposite. How did the Thunder lose if they took more shoots, averaged more points per shot and had a higher percentage of made field goals?

The data which is being displayed in the visualization is the data which was collected during the regular season prior to the playoffs. The designer provides this information right at the bottom of the visualization after displaying the six individual players.

I guess that answers your question.
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Week 12: Where the Heat and the Thunder Hit Their Shots - Anirudh - 11-17-2014 08:08 AM