The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.12 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Closed 
WEEK 12: How Different Groups Spend Their Day
11-13-2014, 11:46 AM

Here is the link of the visualization:
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2009/....html?_r=0

This visualization is about how different groups spend their day, using a survey which asks thousands of American residents to recall every minute of a day by The American Time. As you can see in this visualization, the x-coordinate means every minute in a day, and the y-coordinate means the percentage, And combine with x-coordinate and y-coordinate, we can know what percentage for a specific activity the American are doing on a specific time.

And here are some point i like this visualization:
1, I do think from this visualization, i can clear see the general layout for in a specific time, what the main activity the American are doing, for instance, from the 'Everyone' option, i can clear see, most American are working from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m., and most American are sleep from midnight to 6 a.m. and so on.
2, When you point at some point on this visualization using your mouse, it will show a tooltip with detailed information, And if you click a specific point which you want to know, it will shows more detailed information, for example, if i want to know what percentage the American are working at 3 p.m., so when i point at the '3 p.m.' axis in the working region, it will shows me 'At 3 p.m., 29% of all Americans are working', and the i click once, it will shows me the average time spent per day for everyone, men and women.
3, There are many options at the left top of the visualization, which including almost all categories of all American, so, i can select what i interested in.
4, The colors this visualization used are easy to distinguished, which avoid mixed colors.
5, In this visualization, it only marked main activity with large region, for the activity with small region, although it did not marked, but i can use mouse to get detailed information for what i need,, for this, it avoid the overlap parts, to make readers clearly see the result.
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
WEEK 12: How Different Groups Spend Their Day - EricL00 - 11-13-2014 11:46 AM