Thread Closed 
Week 12: 2013 Ashes, a test cricket series played between Australia and England.
11-17-2014, 05:39 PM
RE: Week 12: 2013 Ashes, a test cricket series played between Australia and England.
Nice critique, Abishek . I have a few comments - some of these may have been referred to before:

1) The data loading time is somewhat slow.
2) In the "player rankings" tab, I had a hard time interpreting what each axis stands for. Are the horizontal and vertical axes both ratings? It seems the ordering is identical along each axis, so I don't know what additional information is conveyed by the positioning along each axis.
3) In the "player ranking" tab, it's impossible to compare the rankings for England vs Australia, because the Australian team's view is placed vertically above the England team's. If they were placed side by side instead, it might have been easier to compare relative rankings of the players of each side.
4) Once you select the "Exclude" or "keep only" options for a player, its very hard to return to the default view of all players. The only way I could do this was to refresh the entire page.
5) The stats for batting and bowling under the ashes 2013 stats very well organized and layered, so I could compare performances from each team quite easily. My only complaint is the "as-at-Jan-2014" legend by the title for this tab. It seems rather redundant, given that these set of stats need never be updated (as compared to say, career stats).
6) For the batting details tab, the break up of top scores against each country by a ball area representation was nice. I would have liked a "zoom" feature, where I could focus on particular regions. In particular, there is a ton of "white" and unused space in the map, since cricket is only played in 9-10 countries. This means that there's a lot of clutter around, for instance, Alistair Cook's scores in South Asia, while the whole space between England and Bangladesh in unused.

In general, I think the overall color theme, and design is very good. Just some fine tuning on the visualization aesthetics, and the interactivity would have been helpful polishing further. Given the magnitude of information to convey and available though, I would say the overall smoothness of the visualization is quite effective.
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Week 12: 2013 Ashes, a test cricket series played between Australia and England. - amirali1985 - 11-17-2014 05:39 PM