The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.12 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Closed 
Week 12 The Electoral Map: Building a Path to Victory
11-12-2014, 11:09 PM (This post was last modified: 11-16-2014 09:49 PM by shaoyuspace.)
Week 12 The Electoral Map: Building a Path to Victory
Week 12
The Electoral Map: Building a Path to Victory
Here is a map that can help to building a path to victory for electoral.
http://elections.nytimes.com/2012/ratings/electoral-map and choose next button.

[Image: electoral-exp.png]

the map shows all states using the different small cycles. And the cycle size depend on the electoral votes. For example, CA has 55 electoral votes. And it size is the biggest. Obama and Romney both has one cycle that can keep different the state cycles. The two people’s electoral votes that are calculate by the state cycles on the people’s cycle. User can drag the state cycles between two Obama’s cycle and Romney’s cycle. And the electoral can be changed if the state drag in or drag out people’s cycles. The visualization also use different colors on the states. The different colors means solid Obama, leaning Obama, tossup, leaning Romney, and solid Romney.
Things I like:
I like the state size depend on the electoral votes. It is can show the state’s electoral votes significance.
I like the use the color key show the state’s prediction. It can help user estimate the electoral votes.
I like the state cycle can drag. It is good interaction.
Things need to improve:
I think the candidate’s cycle size needs depend on the electoral votes. It can be look better.
I think below need list more pervious electoral information. It can help user know the state’s pervious electoral votes.
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
Week 12 The Electoral Map: Building a Path to Victory - shaoyuspace - 11-12-2014 11:09 PM