Thread Closed 
Week 13: The Evolution of Video Game Controllers
11-23-2014, 03:43 PM
RE: Week 13: The Evolution of Video Game Controllers
Quote:1) The “cord” concept is cute, but like real life cords, it tends to get tangled up and confusing. It gets hard to follow at times.
Agreed, it was somewhat hard to follow certain cords all the way down the chart. They really should have added interactive filtering so that you could highlight only particular controller designs.

Quote:3) More user interactivity would have been nice too - for example, a zoom-in or out feature to focus on details or a way to select only one type of controller and filter out the other archetypes.
It might just be me, but I didn't find any interactive features in this chart.

Quote:4) The color scheme was mostly good, but the blue and bluish-purple cords against a background which was also a shade of blue were somewhat non distinctive.
I personally didn't have trouble with this, but I can definitely see your point, they should have been a little more careful with their choice of colors.
Although in some ways the color scheme they have choose is quite serene and peaceful and somewhat reminds me of the original gamecube controller color scheme.

Quote:Overall, I thought this was an effective visualization. I chose it because it was visually appealing to me, and represented a subject I’m interested in. Moreover, I like the creativity of the arrangement.
I too like this visual for the subject and arrangement, it is very neat to see how controllers have evolved over time. That being said, I think they could have really worked on adding some interactive features such as controller type highlighting, and wiki links to articles for a given controller.
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Week 13: The Evolution of Video Game Controllers - ThatGuyCraig - 11-23-2014 03:43 PM