CS-5630/6630 | Visualization | Fall 2014
Python mode in Processing - Printable Version

+- CS-5630/6630 | Visualization | Fall 2014 (http://www.eng.utah.edu/~abigelow/bulletinBoard)
+-- Forum: CS-5630/6630 | Visualization | Fall 2014 (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Python mode in Processing (/showthread.php?tid=62)

Python mode in Processing - Nitin Yadav - 10-24-2014 07:11 PM

Hi,

I wanted to know if it'd be okay to use Python mode in Processing for the Parallel Coordinates assignment?

Thanks,
Nitin

RE: Python mode in Processing - Hitesh Raju - 10-25-2014 03:08 AM

I am fine with that as far the code runs when we unzip it and try to run it. But I would suggest you to email Miriah and cc me and Alex to get a confirmation.

(10-24-2014 07:11 PM)Nitin Yadav Wrote:  Hi,

I wanted to know if it'd be okay to use Python mode in Processing for the Parallel Coordinates assignment?

Thanks,
Nitin

RE: Python mode in Processing - accidental_PhD - 10-25-2014 09:24 AM

Like Hitesh said, if we can run it from the Processing environment (i.e. no special command-line stuff), that's fine. So long as all we have to do is install something from the mode menu inside Processing, I think we're okay with handling that.

Be aware that there are often subtle quirks with special modes like Javascript or Python, and we may not be able to help you if you get stuck. I think (correct me if I'm wrong) that the Python mode is Jython-based, so most of the C-based python libraries won't be available.

RE: Python mode in Processing - Nitin Yadav - 10-25-2014 09:35 AM

Yes, it is Jython based project, and so far it has been working well for me. I think I'll just need basic Python to do this project, but with that I am going to save on some code writing Smile Thanks!